Monday, March 27, 2006

TOTT Asian Grill




My aunt was so nice to take her friends (Annie and Wings) and I out for dinner in Causeway Bay to a very nice restaurant called TOTT … Top of the Town Asian Grill (yet nothing on the menu was Asian except for some overly-priced sashimi) I was worried because Saturday I had to study for my ECON midterm which I bombed completely. This is NOT an exaggeration… the only thing that makes me feel better is the fact that ALL the other exchange students and a few local students were in the same boat… it was funny, I looked at one of the other exchange students and we just laughed and smiled at each other because we know fully that this exam was not good. Hopefully we don’t lower the curve by too much. Anyways more importantly, the dinner was quite interesting. The whole time my aunt and her friends were saying how salty the food was and that white people don’t know how to eat… they just like butter and salt. It was true but I’m not going to complain especially when I’m not paying! My aunt and Wings told the manager that the food was too salty and they were nice enough to remake it and while they were eating they got free orange sorbet… it made me think that I should have complained. After eating my aunt said that the place was too expensive for such crap food… the view was great though. We were on the 13th floor and it overlooked Hong Kong Island. The view on the other side of the restaurant was better and my aunt said they should clean the windows more often… she was complaining so much … made me laugh. She was joking around saying that if I’m not full we can go to Mcdonald’s… I have to admit that I went to the street corner and bought some egg waffles for dessert… the saltiness of the dinner had to be balanced with some sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger bt said...

wow i LOVE your outfits!!!!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home