Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Weekend

let me say Happy Easter and long weekend to everyone...

Last night was great... had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet and sour pork, deep fried wontons, grilled vegetables, salad with this amazing dill dip all served with more turkey ooh and i forgot salmon!

It was hardly a day for studying so i didn't fight it and watched 2 long missed episodes of Gilmour Girls and helped my sister and mom hide chocolate eggs for my 2 cousins Victoria and James who are only 9 and 6ish... and for Eric and his school friend.

The night was loud and luckily i am at the end of the spectrum of my sore throat and cold but i still avoided my favourite deep fried wontons just in case because my dad is always saying that "Heet Hay" causes illness or zits or makes your symptoms worse. I listened to him because today i had to lead worship - sing and speak in front of both congregations. It was alright, not my most organized hour; the translation throws me off... we have to do everything in translation; scripture reading, some songs, annoucements, comments before special music... as the chairman it was not good to forget to do scripture reading, luckily Aunty Stella had a Chinese-English bible and i'm fortunate that i can read with stuttering ... the key is to say a word confidently even if you have no idea how to say it... u would probably make the audience doubt their own speech.
Back to last night, dinner was followed up with an array of desserts: Cinnabon!, Some Egg shaped, spray painted Chocolate Cake that i didn't touch because it looked way to sweet for me, Vanilla Ice Cream, and my mom's lemon squares that tasted like lemon cheesecake.

After dessert Victoria came to my room to try and my HK shoes and she was dissing my preference in pointy-toe shoes haha. I tried to get her to stop walking in my room with my dirty shoes so i said, let's play a game! So Tory suggested the game, "Would you ever... or something like that, i don't remember the name" Anyways here is an example:

Would you rather eat 5 lbs of ice cream or 5 lbs of fries? Then you laugh at everyone's answers...
I guess James saw us having fun so he wanted to join in and of course he makes the most ridiculous comments:

"Would you rather eat hair or would you smell a foot?"

I choose the foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home