Sunday, March 19, 2006

Karen's Birthday (March 18)




Thanks to my mom, Aunty Nancy was able to give me some medicine for my cold and after 1 hour i felt better... almost immediate recovery; my sore throat was gone, no more nasal congestion and my cough wasn't as severe. If anyone is sick take Tylnol Cold Day/Night... do not trust the doctors at UST... that is something i'm putting in my report for exchange: Local students nickname the doctors "vets" --> labratory for animals! I still am in awe that the doctor gave me 3 different medicines and none of them worked... they actually made me feel worse. Anyways the day went off well with me feeling better and since it was a sunny, mildly humid day i went to the pier to read my textbook and my microsoft case on antitrust laws; perfect reading for the seaside. Anyways, as i was reading i frequently found myself stopping to just look around and i kept saying to myself, "There is no where else that i want to be right now." It was nice to just have some time to myself and see what others are doing... fishing, barbequing, reading (just like me), playing basketball... the environment here is different from the city despite that the city is only 5 minutes away. I even thought to myself, maybe i could retire in Sai Kung or Clear Water Bay... but these are just thoughts...

After Lynne and I surprised Karen with some white and peach coloured roses... and while Lynne and Renee picked up the b-day cake, karen and I went to the sundial to meet everyone for dinner of hot pot and KBBQ... but when we actually got to the restaurant there was MUCH more... they had bbq skewers of stuffed green peppers, fish, and sushi and nasty looking sashimi... i'm not an expert on Jap cusine but I know for a fact that sashimi is suppose to be bright red to reflect some type of fresh-ness but it was brown/beige... wasn't going to touch it but the poor kids in front of me took enough of that...

The night was very fun, took tons of pictures (felt photo deprived because we've been studying for the past week and still got 2 more weeks of studying to go...) and had cake, sung happy birthday but i think i missed it cause i was in the bathroom haha Lynne tried to stall them but i'm sure people wanted out after dinner... We ended off the night watching a movie, "Underworld Evolution" I won't give my comments on this movie because this would be a complete waste of time... i don't mean to insult Lynne's taste in movies but honestly just save your money... unless you really are intrigued by the mystery of why vampires and werewolves don't get along or if you want to get a good nap watch the movie... during the climax i was thinking if i had enough money for a taxi... that's how great the movie was! I will admit that the main character is beautiful in a very gothic and sinister looking way.
Tiff: I'd rather watch Anchorman or Zoolander anyday!

"The Human Torch was Denied a Bank Loan"
"You look good today... maybe don't wear a bra next time!"
"You think you're too cool for school... but you're not"

- Cy

1 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

when you get back, we'll have a stupid movie marathon and watch them 'til our brains go to mush, ok?

miss you!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home