Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mini Western Canada Tour

Since my exchange is over and now that I'm officially back in Canada this blog shouldn't be called Mei's Trip to the Orient... but for the safe of formalities and thinking of a cool name for this blog i'll keep it this way temporarily.

So i got to Vancouver, BC and after 2 days gable and his family took us to Banff, Alberta which was cool because i have never been there before. We went hiking, saw the infamous Lake Louise which is beautiful... the water is emerald green hence it's previous name emerald lake. We went to the Columbia Ice Fields which is a huge glacier... we went to Kelowna and spent a day relaxing in the outdoor pool and on our way back to BC we went white water rafting which was just exhilirating. No pictures of that because didn't want to get the camera wet but i'll put pictures of banff and BC.

BC has just been so fun; mainly because of the people and the amazing weather. I feel funny because while everyone is saying that it's so hot (which it is, i mean it's 30 degrees) i'm just saying to myself, well it's not THAT hot... i think i got use to the HK humidity so i guess that will be perfect when i return home to Toronto tomorrow.

Right now i'm having a whole ton of mixed feelings, i'm so happy to finally see my family and just be at home and have my mom's homecooked meals (something i missed so much on exchange) and last but not least i'm happy to finally see my friends. However, going back home means this exchange and this time of travelling with gable and seeing family whom i rarely see is officially over. That makes me so sad... just this morning as i hugged my cousins Jim and Angela good-bye i felt choked up because this good-bye reminded me of the good-byes i said in HK... and i'm wondering why aren't people emailing me back and it's just difficult to deal with the fact that ok, everyone has a life that is separate from exchange. No more slacking off and having fun, it's work time and this isn't the best picker-upper. But as James said (Friend from Singapore) we should always think of the people that are waiting for us back at home. It's funny that he says that because he was also the one that described our Exchange experience as a dream and that it won't hit us until we are in our beds sleeping at home and when we wake up in the morning it hits you that exchange really did feel like a dream and it's all over.

If anyone of my exchange friends are reading my blog i just want to tell you that you made my exchange experience completely unique and i wouldn't have had it any other way. If you feel sad or you're missing a friend then you can call me or email me anytime. I think about returning home and truly there isn't any other place like home but i know a part of me will always remember and share a place in Hong Kong as something unique and special.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey christina it's anthony! i messaged u back on facebook so don't say i didn't! haha...really it was nice hearing from you... and i totally feel what you said about exchange friends and hong kong. i wish we were all there again... everytime i think about all the great times we had and how simple things were, i just really want to go back and relive those 4 months ..but of course that isn't going to happen. but hey it's nice to have something amazing to look back upon and smile about. one day in the future we gotta get as many of us together again ... preferably in hong kong... and then reminisce like old farts..haha.. but anyway, yea..you were one of those people that really made hk memorable for me...so thanks =) keep in touch and take care k? =) seeyaaa...

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home