Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Flight

hey all... finally get a chance to write some memories down!!
I guess I should start from the VERY beginning… I can’t believe that on Thursday at 5:30am in the moring… FIONA came to bring sliced up fruit and whip cream to my house! It was great!! We had a early morning breakfast and then around 7am STEVEN got us coffee and tea and wished me a safe trip… I have such great friends!! I hugged my family good bye and in the car got all tear-eyed and had to pull myself together. I saw Melissa at the airport with her timmies hot chocolate.. ahah I really want timmies!
Anyways saw Karen in line for check in and it was so cool we were on the same plane but not together… I would have been near her if she didn’t change her seat… but that was my fault I told her the wrong seat number!! Sorry! Anyways I was beside some guy didn’t catch his name but I felt compelled to talk to him (because of Anglea… “talk to strangers”) haha so we talked about HK, the student exchange, VSIAs, the CMA designation hahaha it was cool. After that we did our own stuff… had mini tvs on the back of each seat.. and u can watch movies/tv/play games whenever u want to. So I watched Cinderella Man, Corpse Bridge, Some movie with Reese Witherspoon and some Chinese movie called drank drunk drink or something dumb, I also made about 8 beaded bracelets, did a word search. I can’t believe that I didn’t sleep.. ok for about 20 minutes…that is a world record or something… and they kept giving us food… it was pretty good until u feel all bloated… as I said to ben, should have gotten just red wine/sprite haha that would make me fall asleep. When we were two hours from HK I looked at the window and there were sooo many beautiful snow capped mountains… I never saw anything like that before….i took a few pics… it made me think about how Awesome God is and how he made everything in 7 days…
The worst part about the ride was some dumb lady was stretching her nasty feet on the railings of my seat… and I thought to myself should I let this slide, I mean we are all tired… and then I concluded that I didn’t pay so much money to be uncomfortable and I don’t care if she is tired… so I kindly said could you please not put your feet up… so she was cool, and stopped… but she was clever enough to put her feet on the other side of the seat… and I just kept looking at it and my face getting more disgusted… I even had the thought I was actually touching it and brushing it off.. but no that would have been bad, so again I had to ask her to not do that… I was much happier after that.

After we landed I got my stuff and my aunt bought me an octopus card (transit card) and we went to her place by bus which took about 2 hours and the driver was a crazy maniac… he almost ran over kids!! What a jerk. He was making those sharp turns and when I was standing I was almost flying off the floor. My aunt was annoyed that it took so long and she vowed never to take that bus.. there wasn’t even traffic.
We lugged my suitcases to her apartment and went through a mall, it gave me a short temporary euphoric experience but ended quickly haha… I got to the apartment and was tired. I unpacked, went to email my parents and then I went grocery shopping with my aunt… after that I went to sleep from 7pm to around 9am … great sleep
I’m pretty much over jet lag.. my stomach is slowly adjusting though. Today I woke up and missed Canada sooo much… I wanted to go to residence and just be around familiar faces… got all tear-eyed again like an idiot but then I called home and called gable and felt a bit better. My aunt took me to so many places, pretty much all around HK… I know how to take the MTR now and just getting out and seeing the sites and shops made me excited and less sad about missing home. We went to central (the financial and upper class shopping district), went to eat lunch at some little noodle in the mall near her house, saw a cool store that I think will be my favourite it’s called G2000.. had nice suits for cheap cheap cheap. Rode on the Star Ferry, and walked on stars avenue with every well known celebrity’s hand print on the ground… we also saw an NBC reporter doing some Chinese new year report so I think u might see my back hahaa, aunt Rebecca kept telling me to turn around and wave hahaha, I had no face. We went to other places but I can’t remember the exact names… we then had dinner at a nice Chinese restaurant with my aunt’s 5 friends… they are funny but almost the entire night they just talked about people dying of cancer and stuff… very depressing. Made me think about my grandma and how I use to think she was immortal… but of course this isn’t the case. Anyways after I kinda tuned out because I couldn’t understand that much and saw some guy with a furry jacket… like a pimp’s coat and I said to myself, is that “in style” or something because that is dreadful… hahaha some guys were like she-men.., I couldn’t tell if they were guys/girls… but we have that everywhere… haha I guess analyzing that was more amusing than people talking about death and cancer… I mean it’s almost Chinese New Year… is that a topic we should talk about…

Anyways I should sleep soon it’s 2am! I drank too much tea.
- Miss you all, Christina

1 Comments:

Blogger bt said...

wow so much already!! and its been one day!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home