Sunday, January 22, 2006

Way too much eating out!

Ok, my second day of HK… I’m so grateful that my aunt has a computer and internet… apparently she says not many people have internet in HK. Anyways, I fell asleep around 3am last night and woke up at 8:15am for service. We managed to only be 10 minutes late. My aunt is new to this area of HK because she moved about a month ago so she asked around about any buses that go to Tsim Sha Tsui and luckily there was one and it was much faster than the mtr and faster! Found out that there is also a bus that goes to HKUST… and it’s like 5.80 to get there which is less than a buck Canadian. Sweet! Anyways went to this Evangelical Community Church…it was quite multi-cultural and the sermon was intimate. The pastor shared about his experience of losing 2 kids…well his wife was pregnant and she miscarried twice…so he was talking about Hope in God, rather than Hope that situations will work out for us. Quite good and I’m surprised that I was not tired afterwards. Since I was a new comer, I got free lemon tea! Afterwards my and aunt and I met up with her friends (DUDE she has around a million friends) and we went DIM SUM… let’s just say that I was adventurous and my aunt was right… I can’t think that things taste gross before I try them… turnip cake actually tasted good. I had a bunch of new things… only thing that was familiar was bbq pork bun and the beef wrapped noodle. Today’s lunch was the single ladies group… all single women and the one next to me “Sam” she was so nice to me. She said I had nice skin and she kept pinching my cheeks and she grab a piece of my arm and said that it’s good that I have meat but honestly she really hurt me!! My aunt had to leave early to go visit someone at the hospital and so I stayed with her friends and went shopping at Tai Koo Mall. They are soo funny, like a bunch of teenagers. My aunt met up with us again at this restaurant called Key West Village and her friend treated us to some coffee and cake… this was only 30 minutes after dim sum… nasty. Anyways they were the loudest group in the restaurant, my aunt had to remind them to speak quietly hahaha they are cool. After we went back to the apartment and I slept… after we went to a market downstairs… I never felt so sick before, I heard a frog squeel as his head was cut off and was skinned… I never felt like throwing up so badly.. luckily I was able to eat. My aunt made a fresh seafood dinner; it was awesome. She said she could’t cook but she is a great cook. She keeps it simple which was perfect because I wasn’t even hungry. Now we’re going to eat some papaya and watching some Chinese movie. I want to shop but trying to hold myself back for a bit.... gotta ration out the shopping ...

1 Comments:

Blogger bt said...

Wow mei. ive seen that u ve already immersed urself into the HK culture w all the "tasty" foods. u havnt tried turnip cake b4? its pretty common in T. i like it. mm i bet when ur back in T. u will be able to order dimsum in chinese for TACB :)

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home