Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2nd day of school

Since it’s still technically Chinese New Year Celebration time, people are still in the holiday mode; even the professors. So far the courses seem great… the topics are interesting and the profs are very friendly. I mean for my history of China and U.S.A course, he said “We are all friends and as a friend…” I mean who addresses himself as a friend, usually in Schulich they go straight into the course material. It’s true what they say about classes in China… there are rare occasions of class participation… it’s only seen when the course is full of INTL students, especially if they are full of North Americans. As well another cool thing is that all the professors speak English fluently with little accents. I have a professor from Cali and he is sooo funny. The crappy thing was that he took for the whole 2 hours but at least it was enjoyable and he pretty much forces you to mingle with the locals which is the best learning experience for me. I met a girl named Chloe (cute name) and she is going to practice her English and I’m going to learn Chinese from her… nice little tradeoff there. Anyways another thing to point out about HK in general is that…and Lynne will know exactly what I am talking about because I seriously say this EVERDAY… but really, “WHY DO ALL THE GUYS IN HK LOOK LIKE RONALD (Melody’s friend/roommate)????” Tell me Why??

After class Lynne and I went straight to Po Lam and we went shopping and I had a hunch for these Pumas that I keep seeing. Sadly the price wasn’t as cheap as I thought but I think Lynne really made me feel a little impulsive. After she bought 2 pairs of nice and inexpensive shoes, I needed a pair as well. Karen took the lead too. I love them, I also bought some shoe cleaner for those times when I by accidently wear them when it’s crowded and someone steps on them.. as Lynne would say “I’ll punch the person that steps on these shoes!” Afterwards we met up with some other INTL students to have dinner at this Macau/Taiwanese Restaurant and went back to the common room at UG HALL I and watched Kill Bill I. The common room is so much better then ours because the flat screen is huge and there is a dvd player. Had bubble tea at the Taiwanese Restaurant and it was one of the worst that I ever tasted. When I met up with Minh he even said he misses BR food and bubble tea… ooh I want some popcorn chicken! We are destined to find sesame paste noodle!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home